one sprint for all projects

Іван Андрєєв September 23, 2022

If you create a single project and insert all filters from other projects into it. So when a sprint is created on this single project or in other projects, sprints will also be launched. That is, create one sprint for all projects. Will task controls from other projects be similarly reflected in this single project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2022

Hi @Іван Андрєєв 

Sprints are only available in Scrum Boards, therefore, you can create a single Scrum board with multiple projects on its filter and work on issues from these projects from a single board. 

When it comes to controls, I’m assuming that you are referring to workflows, if that is the case, please ensure that all statuses of all workflows from all projects involved in the board filter are properly mapped to a board column.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alex

Іван Андрєєв September 23, 2022

Hi @Alex  thank you for your answer, please tell me more

That is, if there are the same filters for the project with all projects and for a separate project. So changes in the main project on the board (where all projects will be called children) and changes in individual child projects will be displayed separately on the board?

Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2022

Hi @Іван Андрєєв 

If by changes you meant status transition and issue updates, the short and sweet answer is yes. And the reason is that a board is only a view of the issues within the filter. Therefore if your board filter show issues that are also on other filter and other boards, any changes to the issue will reflect on all "views" of the issue.

Just have in mind that for Scrum boards each sprint is created as part of the board, therefore, adding the issue on sprints od the main board and sprints from the project board will cause confusion. But if you do not intend to have sprints in both that should do it.

I hope it helps,

Alex

Like Іван Андрєєв likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders