missing user in assignee list

Murat Memioğlu September 13, 2022

Hi,

We are using jira software free edition. After we have added a new user to project we expect to see it on the issue assignee list but we can not see. The user is added to user groups of product. But does not help.  I have clicked the permission helper on the project permissions page. It says that the user has assignable user permission but fails about the project role and expects user has the attlassian-addons-project-access role. But there is not any place I can set it. Anybody has solution?

jira error.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

HI @Murat Memioğlu 

Did you ever get this solved? I suspect there is a problem with the permissions in the Permission Scheme itself. 

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hi @Murat Memioğlu 

The message from the permission helper is quite helpful. Why don't you click on the hyperlink on the last paragraph?

And I wonder, why you want to give this user a Project role which is associated only with Jira apps? This isn't a good practice and I would advise you to grant him another role.

Murat Memioğlu September 14, 2022

free edition does not allow to assign permissions to users. When I click the link I got below.  I have to add user through Jira Administration

opas-jira-permission-page.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events