iOS app filter language bug

Stepan Karpinskiy January 20, 2021

Hi everyone!

I am new to Jira so maybe I gey something wrong.

I've joined Jira Cloud, created a project and installed an iOS app on my IPhone. And there is a bug I can't get rid of. 

My system language is Russian so the statuses and other system stuff is in my native language. But when I try to filter issues in my app choosing the status from the list there - all the issues disappear. This also happens when I choose a type "issue" - the filter results become empty. But in fact there are active issues and there are statuses that could be used to filter.

Finally I found out, that if I switch to English - the filtration starts working properly. This means that there are always only English statuses behind their names shown to user in his interface language other than English. But the app options to choose from are also shown in the UI language so I even don't have a chance to choose "in progress" instead of its Russian alternative.

How can this bug be dealt with? Or I just don't understand some aspect of Jira right?

732474F5-A012-4F2A-9572-622209844064.png353A1744-B749-49E0-A3B9-643999E85CA3.pngE363227D-D2AC-49E7-88A3-31F6D315A92B.png

353A1744-B749-49E0-A3B9-643999E85CA3.png 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

HI @Stepan Karpinskiy   -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I wonder if what you are seeing may be related to this open defect:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/I18N-2724

Best regards,

Bill

Stepan Karpinskiy January 23, 2021

Thanks, it's kind of about the same thing, but the case is more than a year old and is unresolved.

What I was able to do to partly fix the issue was renaming all the statuses of the workflow into Russian alternatives. And now the iOS and Mac OS app are able to properly filter the lists.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events