how to make a custom field conditionally required

Rob Wickham June 7, 2022

I'm looking at ScriptRunner in the hopes that I can make a custom field conditionally optional vs. required based on the value of another field. So far, it looks like this was possible using the server edition (I got my hopes up), but NOT for the cloud edition (severe depression sets in). Is this true, and if so, are there any creative workarounds? (with or without ScriptRunner)

I understand the worst-case scenario would be to create a filter looking for the condition where the source field and the custom field values indicate a failure, and then email people with the list of those failures to manually update things, but that's the nuclear option I'd like to avoid.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Hi @Rob Wickham

I have used the jmwe plugin to create a scripted validator.  Give it a try: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWEC/pages/935362565/Build-your-own+%28scripted%29+Validator

I believe scriptrunner should be able to do it too, but you have to write it out.  

Regards

Rob Wickham June 7, 2022

Thank you Fabian, unfortunately waiting for a transition to validate this would be too late in the workflow.

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

Yup, in that case you will have to wait for the behaviours which is coming up soon in cloud. 

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
Rob Wickham June 8, 2022

thanks! I didn't know that and will check for any specifics.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events