how to get notification from jira for a custom field

Manisha sinha September 21, 2022

I want to recieve notification when a particular custom field is enabled in JIRA .

How to configure that JIRA notification for any custom field 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi,

What to you mean by enabled ? Once the field is created ? is updated ? is added to a screen ?

Manisha sinha September 22, 2022

i have a field called Cleanup , it is optional field ,so whenever it is selected , i want to send notification to a specific team DL 
how to do so ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

That does not quite answer the question Mohamed asked, but it's a start.

I think you are saying that you want to send an email when someone updates a field on an issue, changing it from <empty> to <something>.  Is that right?

Manisha sinha September 25, 2022

yes 

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2022

Hi

So you will need to use automation or an another addon to send notification when the value change from empty to something else.

Manisha sinha September 26, 2022

could you share any such add on 

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2022

Automation for jira or Scriptrunner

Manisha sinha September 29, 2022

how to do automation for JIRA ?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022
Like Manisha sinha likes this
Manisha sinha September 30, 2022

Thanks you Mohamed, This really helped 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS