how to create custom field to capture the status changer?

Ramesh S December 29, 2019

Hi All,

We are maintaining a simple Workflow in our projects (Open -> In Progress -> Resolved Fixed -> Ready to Test -> Testing In Progress -> Testing Completed -> Released -> Closed).

I have created dashboard to plan, monitor and track the Issues. The dashboard gives the result to see the data against Assignee vs Status.

I could get the overall performance of the team, but I find difficult to get the performance of the individual team members.

how do I get the performance count for each individual? thought of creating another Custom Field to capture the user who is changing the status from one to another (for example In Progress -> Resolved), but I find no clue...

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2019

Hi Ramesh - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can create a filter for each individual that looks something like:

Project = ABC and Status changed from Released to Closed by first.last

where the first.last is the username of the individual. Then you can add another gadget to the dashboard that uses that filter. 

Ramesh S January 2, 2020

Hi John, Thanks for your reply.

I have a team of 9, so you mean I have to create separate filter for each member (9 filters).... so I have to Add Gadget for each individual.

Is there a way where I can bring the Individual performance as a consolidated list in one gadget?

Shall we create a customer field to capture the user who has changed the status changed from Released to Closed?... are we able to use Resolution?

Thanks,

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2020

Yes, I think you would have to create 9 separate filters. But you might try experimenting some with one of them. Then maybe try the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget in the dashboard. The trick is the status changes. 

And yes, we have done that before as well with custom fields - especially with Dates - to capture value of certain people or dates when things happen. That should work well I think. 

Suggest an answer