how to bulk-transition and update fixVersion (add to existing)

Aleksandr Chusov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 3, 2021

Hi,

I ran into a situation when I need to add a new version into fixVersion field by not replacing already assigned versions into fixVersion.

I know that doing bulk-edit i can easily do that since it allows me to select a method of updating fixVersion field (by choosing "add to existing" at "Step 3 of 4: Operation Details").

However, when I want to do bulk-transition by moving tickets from one state into another one - there's only an option (AFAIK) to configure a new screen and add fixVersion field into it, but in that case fixVersion field is replaced with the new version being assigned during the transition.

So, the question is - how can I configure a JIRA workflow screen to update fixVersion field during bulk-transition using "add to existing" method that is available when bulk-edit is performed?

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

You could do this with a POst function that you add to the transition temporarily and then remove once done. Alternatively consider an Automation that you run manually and whenever you need to run it edit to specify the version, enable, run and then disable. 

Aleksandr Chusov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 4, 2021

i'm afraid both options sound like workarounds. Not sure why the UI functionality that exists in bulk-edit can't be extended to be used in bulk-transition.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

It sounded like this was a one time or occasional thing in which case the solutions offered would meet the needs. You can certainly provide feedback to Atlassian via the feedback link in your instance. You might also search for an existing suggestion at Jira.atlassian.com and if found vote/watch.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events