doesn't have Subtask Issue Type, its Parent Id mapping will be ignored

dipic reagle May 5, 2021

I am facing issues with bulk Imports, When i import data from CSV Epic are getting imported properly, but Task are appearing in backlog. From backlog i need to assign parent link for each task which is not good idea. Could you pls let me know how it can be automated with CSV.

2 answers

0 votes
dipic reagle May 10, 2021

Thanks mate, 

But unfortunately i am unable to find the epic link and name in jira field.  

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hi @dipic reagle , welcome to the community!

Try using Epic Link as one of the CSV headers, then adding the Epic's issue key to each applicable row. As you say in your question, Parent ID is used for sub-task mapping, but Epic Link is used for Epic-task mapping

auj012 February 3, 2022

This worked. Thank you for your help

James Jacob July 7, 2023

Hi  , I faced  the same  issue.  I  created  8 epics,  and  each one of  them  had 4 to 8  Tasks, which are  to be linked to the corresponding epic . 

I created  the Epics under the project , anId  then  created a csv file with  the  tasks    to be linked with  each epic .  Against each  task , the  id of the corresponding epic  was listed  as a csv field,   and the heading in the csv file was mentioned as Epic Link.

When I tired  to upload this  csv file ,   I am   unable to see the  Epic Link  under the  column mapping , [ i.e, in the   Map Fields ->  "CSV Field" to "Jira Field"  Mapping,  only a few   fields are  seen under the " Jira Field"  . Epic Link is NOT  seen under this.

How it Is  possible to add a field [ Epic Link ]  to  the  Jira Fields List , so that this parameter can be mapped against the  Epic link in the csv file ?   How else this parameter can be mapped, so that the   task to Epic Linkage can be established ?

Like Ashan Wijeyaratne likes this
Juan Pais August 15, 2023

same problem here, no mapping options for Epic, using just the parent id will return: 

• Issue 'nameoftheissue' doesn't have Subtask Issue Type, its Parent Id mapping will be ignored.
Like Tyler Miller likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events