custom field doesn't display on card

Diane Kramer July 9, 2021

I created a custom field called Reviewer that allows a list of users to be assigned. It's working fine in the issue screen, but I want the reviewer to appear on the card in the sprint view so we can easily see who the reviewer is for an issue. I tried to add my custom field to the card using the card layout screen in the board settings but it doesn't show up. I can see other fields that I add in the same way, but the reviewer field doesn't display at all.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021

Is Reviewer a user-picker field? Are you saying that you find the “reviewer“ field in the list of options and select it but nothing appears?

Yes and yes. Reviewer is a user-picker field that allows multiple people to be selected. And yes, I find the reviewer field in the list of options but when I add it nothing appears.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021

And the field definitely contains a value? Is it remotely possible that there’s more than one reviewer custom field. Just grasping at straws at this point. I don’t really have a user pick her custom field on my test project but I checked with various other user paper feels like reporter assignee etc. and they all work. Can you check and see if other field show up such as reporter?

Yes, the field definitely contains a value, and yes, reporter shows up.

Strange, after adding reporter, the reviewer field started showing up! Not sure what's up with that, but it appears to be working now. Yay.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events