can we add different templates for different events in single notification in jira

Usha Rani June 3, 2021

when i create issue and updated issue i am able to send notification but when issue assignee changed or when we add comment not able to send notification for particular issue type.

2 answers

0 votes
Usha Rani June 3, 2021

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

Hi Usha,

You should be able to send an email using Automation for Jira for those cases. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

Can you share the rule that you have so far? Also, please try to respond in the same thread so other people reading this in the future can follow along in the conversation.  :-)

Usha Rani June 3, 2021

workflow-Transition-Post function-Fire a Issue Created event that can be processed by the listeners.

I am able send notification for issues but particular issue type i am not able to send for issue assignee changed and issue commented event.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

Can you list the exact parameters that are not working? 

Usha Rani June 3, 2021

events- issue assignee changed and issue comment added

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2021

Can you share a screenshot of the actual rule? 

Along with the Audit Log that shows it is not working?

Suggest an answer