add project role in notification scheme for a multiple projects

Ifat Keren December 7, 2022

Hello,

I have 5 projects sharing the same notification scheme.
Only for 3 of them, I have to add a role project to each event (when issue created, when issue updated and so on).
There are many events * 3 projects...
The way I'm gonna do it is to enter every project > notification scheme, and manually add the roll there.
I'm wondering if there is a smarter way?
Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
David Freitez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hi @Ifat Keren

Please note that if you change the Notification scheme in a project and that scheme is being shared among other projects, then the modification will apply to the other projects as well.

If these 3 projects have something in common, then probably you can:

• Copy the Notification scheme they have right now.
  • Change the name of the copied notification scheme.
  • Make the additions/modifications you want.
  • Assign the copied Notification scheme to the 3 projects you want to make the change to.

This way, next time you need to make a change for those 3 projects in the Notification scheme, you'll only update such scheme.

The bad part is that if you need to make a modification to one of the projects and the project is sharing the scheme, then you'll need to isolate the scheme (by copying and assigning, previously explained step) so the changes only affect 1 project.

Hopefully this shines light on the doubt you have, if you have further questions, just let me know.

Regards,
David

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events