Xporter and Xray integrations - exporting main fields from a cloned test-case.

Chieh-Tsan WONG February 9, 2021

Hello dear Community,
1) I use a Xporter-template in Docx-format, in order to generate a Docx file from my test-plan (cf. Xray issue-type).
2) My test-plan is filled by various test-cases (cf. Xray issue-type).
3) When test-cases are input from scratch, fields are correctly exported.
Remark= By personal convention, I will name these items as <Clean test-cases>.
4) When test-cases are cloned, some important fields (eg. Actions; Data; Results) are not exported.
5) For me, it is a bug because cloned test-cases will have little appeal if these cloned test-cases can't be exported as intuitively as clean test-cases can be.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Hi @Chieh-Tsan WONG 

Currently, we don't have any knowledge of the issue you refer to.

So it is best to contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can request additional information and investigate the issue further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Chieh-Tsan WONG February 10, 2021

Hello Rogério,
1) Thks for your quick support.
2) After creating my account, I have left my request (without SEN) related to Xporter-deviations between cloned and blank test-cases.
3) Hope to have reported a real bug and thus, get in return a bug correction .....

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2021

Hi @Chieh-Tsan WONG 

You are welcome.

The support team will investigate to find the root cause and will keep you informed.

Cheers

Suggest an answer