When: Manually triggered

Then: Create issue

Assignee : John Doe

Now

When: Manually triggered

Then: Create issue

Assignee : Marc ABC

(I only changed the assigneee)

The problem is, when i trigger the automation, Jira still puts John Doe as the assignee.

I Tried doing it again (and made sure i saved and publish)

In the automation section, i clearly see that the assignee should be Marc ABC.

I tried coying the automation, re-making the change and running the copy.

I dont want to redo the whole thing (there are actualy a lot of other steps in the automation - other issue created, with which i was abble to change the assignee...)

Has anyone ever seen this? Do you have a fix?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

That sure seems buggy to me. Beyond what Hana suggests above, which is excellent by the way, I would suggest trying to re-create the rule from scratch using the proper assignee and see what the results are. That has to work. If it works and depending on what the results of the audit log show I would suggest opening a ticket with Atlassian support. I might also suggest that within the current rule you actually use the audit log action and log the assignee and see what is recorded there.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2021

Hi @Marie-Hélène Côté ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There's very handy audit log for each rule, so you can review what happened.

Would you please share us screenshot from this audit log with the detail from the execution, so we can investigate it more?

Thank you!

Marie-Hélène Côté July 8, 2021

HI :)

Here is the Audit log, which i knew about :) 

In any case, it doesnt give me any info as of why this is happening. Know that i work with a lot of automations and it is the first time i come across this sort of probleme

jira 1.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events