Word steeming

Gui Ávila January 2, 2021

Hi!

Please see this article:

Search syntax for text fields | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

I'm confused about the part that explains how Jira handles Word stemming. So there is not a way to change the operator in advanced search so the search is done with a exact match of the query?

According to the article's example, if I need to find all issues that has the exact word "customize", (and not any of the root variations), the search summary ~ "customize" won't work by default? That can be changed in admin settings, but not directly by a different search operator? 

Wow, that does not make sense. Why not a different operators so one searches for words that contains the query and other searches for exact match of the query? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Gui.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2021

Hi Gui! I don't think you're missing anything, and yes, I agree with you. I believe that this JIRA request addresses your suggestion. I'd suggest to vote for it:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-21372

Gui Ávila January 3, 2021

@Carlos Garcia Navarro Thanks, Carlos. I will definetelly vote for that, and watch the issue.

Atlassian has some products decisions that are totally crazy in my point of view. Can't understand why some things are so difficult. It could be so much simple/easy.

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

Yeah, I hear you. Sometimes there are limitations with the technologies used. I'm not very familiar with how Lucene works, but it may have something to do with it. And I feel that Atlassian listens to their customers and their end users, that's a good thing :-). Feliz Ano Novo, Gui!

Like Gui Ávila likes this
Gui Ávila January 4, 2021

Thanks, @Carlos Garcia Navarro , Feliz ano novo pra você também!

Like Carlos Garcia Navarro likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events