Why will it not let me add another Screen configuration to my project?

tom.francis July 21, 2021

hello all.

I am in need of some help. I am wanting to add another screen configuration to my project, however, when I try and do it, in the project settings screen, it won't let me add another screen it just replaces the one I made before. Has anyone got any suggestions? 

2 answers

1 vote
Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

@tom.francis Screen configurations are one of complicated topics in jira, here is how it works

• You create a Screen 
  • You then create a screen scheme using the screen which you created
  • You then create an Issue type screen scheme which is associated screen schemes with issue types

Now there can only be one Issue type screen scheme in your project but inside that scheme you can have different screens for different issue types. Also one issue type can only have one screen scheme

tom.francis July 21, 2021

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I have already completed the 3 steps you mentioned above. And this is still not working for me. 

Ashu Tyagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2021

Please share screenshot, i am not getting what you are trying to achieve

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2021

@tom.francis 

You said "when I try to do it in the project settings screen".

In the Project Settings > Screen screen, you are specifying the Issue Type Screen Scheme. There can be only one of these assigned to a project.

This is the hierarchy are entities:

Issue Type Screen Scheme - where Screen Schemes are associated to issue types

• 1..n Screen Schemes - where screens are associated to actions Create, View, and Edit
    • 1..n Screens

Can you show us each of the above assets for your project and describe to us how you want your new screen to fit in? Do you want your screen to be available only for a particular type of action (Create, View, and/or Edit)? Do you want it to be used for all issue types or only selected issue types in your project?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events