Why is it such a problem to delete an account

Deleted user February 4, 2021

When I try to delate my account , which I set up to evaluate Jira I get the following message

our account can't be deleted because:

This account is related to active accounts that are set to AUTO-RENEW.
This account is the primary billing contact for one or more products.
This account is a technical contact for one or more products.
To continue deleting this account the account owner needs to visit my.atlassian.com and designate a different user as a billing and technical contact.

Why should I have to do this. The account is going to be deleted . Seriously ?

4 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

Hi Dav, welcome to the Community. It seems you are trying to delete a user that is tied to billing and control of the instance. If you were able to delete the user then the instance would stop working altogether. If you don’t plan to maintain the instance then simple update the billing to remove the charging method. If you are trying to change the billing contact or technical contact then this needs to be done by an existing site admin. Can you provide more info on your goals? By the way it generally is a bad idea to delete users, rather simply deactivate their account.

gdgd kwegkfweg February 7, 2021

How do I delete the user ? I want to delete the account totally , forever . I ant to remove my information from your companies records forever. Is that clear enough ?

I'm going to report your company under GDPR  expect the Information Commissioners Office to be in touch

Your company has 30 days to inform me my details are removed from your records or I'll report you to the UK  Information Commissioners Office , under current GDPR regulations. And stop spamming my email account

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

Please note that I do not work for Atlassian. I am a customer of Atlassian. this forum is a place for users to support each other and share experiences. I found this article for you in case it might help.  If you wish to speak to Atlassian directly please consider opening a support ticket. https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ 

Let me know if I might assist further.

cheers

gdgd kwegkfweg February 8, 2021

I apologise I misunderstood what this forum was . Personally I would advise anyone on here to find another company to do business with.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

Sorry you had such a bad experience gdgd. However, I think you will find the vast majority of folks on this forum are fans of the Atlassian products and IMO for good reasons.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

Hello Dav,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you created a ticket with our support team and they are already proceeding with the site and account deletion. 

Meanwhile, would you like me to remove both of your profiles here from Community? This won’t delete your Atlassian account, it’s just to remove your profile from here.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes

I want to delete the account totally , forever . I ant to remove my information from your companies records forever. Is that clear enough ?

0 votes
Deleted user February 4, 2021

Massive waste of time this morning for a very simple thing. I will not be using this product or recommending it to anyone.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events