Why is Jira displaying raw adf block data instead of the text it represents?

geoffrey.stevenson September 28, 2020

Hi. When I view a story in Jira, comments added by other users are displayed as raw adf data instead of text, for example-

{adf:display=block}
{"type":"table","attrs":{"isNumberColumnEnabled":false,"layout":"default"},"content":[{"type":"tableRow","content":[{"type":"tableCell","attrs":{},"content":[{"type":"paragraph","content":[{"type":"text","text":"Value on Document"}]}]},{"type":"tableCell","attrs":{},"content":[{"type":"paragraph","content":[{"type":"text","text":"Field in verify"}]}]},{"type":"tableCell","attrs":{"colspan":2},"content":[{"type":"paragraph","content":[{"type":"text","text":"Values in Fields"}]}]}]},{"type":"tableRow","content":

.... how do I force Jira to display the text?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2020

Hello @geoffrey.stevenson,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Cloud, for Classic projects, it's possible to change the renderer of the fields, and if the renderer is set to text, it won't be correctly formatted.

Can you please go to Project settings > Fields and confirm if the renderer of the field Comment is set to "Wiki Style Renderer"?

If not, please change and check if the comment will be rendered correctly.

If it doesn't resolve, can you please share with us a screenshot of the comment and the steps of how the comment is being added? Is it added manually by the user or via an add-on? 

With the steps to replicate, we will be able to test here to check if it's expected or a bug.

Regards,
Angélica

geoffrey.stevenson September 30, 2020

Hi Angelica

Thanks for responding. As a Jira user I don't have the permissions to access project settings, I will pass on the info in your response to our Jira admins

Many thanks and kind regards

Geoff

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events