Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Why Forge UI modifications example is not working?

Hi all I am very interested on start to use the new UI modifications feature, but after deploy the Forge UI modifications example I only can see on my Jira Cloud project I following the steps in the project page:

https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/forge-ui-modifications-example/src/master/

There is no change on me create issue page on Jira. Is it necessary an additional configuration step? Is is available in Jira Cloud?

Also the Jira issues for this project are not working:

https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/forge-ui-modifications-example/jira?statuses=new&statuses=indeterminate&sort=-updated&page=1

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @matiasmolinas !

UI Modifications are a bit of an unusual Forge module, as in it requires some more steps to work, because once it is installed you will need to attach it to the context of a project and issue type.

With the example app, you can make that action from the admin panel. This admin panel will be found on the apps management page in Jira, on the sidebar. There, you will be able to create a UI modification and attach it to a context. Only then you will see the UI modifications that are defined in the UI modification Custom UI app.

If you need more guidance with UI modifications, we have a guide Understanding UI modifications.

I hope that helps :)

Hi @Victor Debone 

Thanks, yes it's working now. Thank you for your clarification

Hello @Trudy Claspill Thanks for your help, I will be waiting for the answer 

0 votes

Hello @matiasmolinas 

Did you fulfill the requirements specified in the Readme file?

Requirements

• See Set up Forge for instructions to get set up.

• Jira instance prerequisites:

Hello

The only thing I am not sure about is this:

• UI modifications integration code enabled. This feature can only be enabled by Atlassian.

How can I check this, or ask for it if necessary? 

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 03, 2022

Open a case with Atlassian support to ask about that:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

OK, I followed the link but I don't see a way to open a case. I am using the cloud free version for development. Is it possible to develop extensions with this version?

Hey Atlassian Development Team, I'm eager to get UI Modifications up and running so I can provide you with feedback! Can you help me get it enabled or explain why the example I followed isn't working? Thanks in advance!

Trudy Claspill Community Leader Dec 05, 2022

If you are using the Free version then you don't have access to open support cases.

I'll see if I can get an Atlassian Team Member to check on this.

Hello @Trudy Claspill Thanks for your help, I'll be waiting for the answer 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events