Why Forge UI modifications example is not working?

matiasmolinas December 3, 2022

Hi all I am very interested on start to use the new UI modifications feature, but after deploy the Forge UI modifications example I only can see on my Jira Cloud project I following the steps in the project page:

https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/forge-ui-modifications-example/src/master/

There is no change on me create issue page on Jira. Is it necessary an additional configuration step? Is is available in Jira Cloud?

Also the Jira issues for this project are not working:

https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/forge-ui-modifications-example/jira?statuses=new&statuses=indeterminate&sort=-updated&page=1

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2022

Hi @matiasmolinas !

UI Modifications are a bit of an unusual Forge module, as in it requires some more steps to work, because once it is installed you will need to attach it to the context of a project and issue type.

With the example app, you can make that action from the admin panel. This admin panel will be found on the apps management page in Jira, on the sidebar. There, you will be able to create a UI modification and attach it to a context. Only then you will see the UI modifications that are defined in the UI modification Custom UI app.

If you need more guidance with UI modifications, we have a guide Understanding UI modifications.

I hope that helps :)

matiasmolinas December 7, 2022

Hi @Victor Debone 

Thanks, yes it's working now. Thank you for your clarification

0 votes
matiasmolinas December 5, 2022

Hello @Trudy Claspill Thanks for your help, I will be waiting for the answer 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2022

Hello @matiasmolinas 

Did you fulfill the requirements specified in the Readme file?

Requirements

• See Set up Forge for instructions to get set up.

• Jira instance prerequisites:

matiasmolinas December 3, 2022

Hello

The only thing I am not sure about is this:

• UI modifications integration code enabled. This feature can only be enabled by Atlassian.

How can I check this, or ask for it if necessary? 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2022

Open a case with Atlassian support to ask about that:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

matiasmolinas December 4, 2022

Thanks!! 

matiasmolinas December 4, 2022

OK, I followed the link but I don't see a way to open a case. I am using the cloud free version for development. Is it possible to develop extensions with this version?

Hey Atlassian Development Team, I'm eager to get UI Modifications up and running so I can provide you with feedback! Can you help me get it enabled or explain why the example I followed isn't working? Thanks in advance!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2022

If you are using the Free version then you don't have access to open support cases.

I'll see if I can get an Atlassian Team Member to check on this.

Hello @Trudy Claspill Thanks for your help, I'll be waiting for the answer 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events