When creating Pie Charts in dashboards can you add custom fields into the Statistic Type selection?

Daniel Barrell May 11, 2022

Hello,

There is a key field that we use to capture feature labels  (Field = Feature) that users can input the area of the product that our enhancements relate to. 

When attempting to create a dashboard and display a Pie Chart the 'Feature' field is not selectable from the Statistic Type drop down.

Is there anyway I can get this included so that the Pie Chart reflects our Feature field?

Thanks,

Dan.

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2022

Hi @Daniel Barrell ,

What is the type of the field is your Feature field. 

Is it a select or only text field. If is it text , you can't create pie with this field. Text field won't list under statistic type. 

Daniel Barrell May 11, 2022

Thanks Sreenivasaraju appreciate the help, it is a text field.

I'll keep playing around to see if there's any other way of getting the feature field to populate in a graph.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2022

It won't - you can only use fields that have fixed lists of options to select from.

Belén Cimato September 20, 2022

@Nic Brough Hi! I found this thread searching for a solution to my problem. If you could help me with this I would appreciate a lot: If it is a Radio Buttons how can you added to a dashboard?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Radio buttons work the same way as single-select lists.

Like John Funk likes this
3 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2022

Hi Daniel,

You can only use fields that have set values - such as user picker fields or fields with dropdowns/radio buttons, etc. 

It needs a set list of values to do the grouping. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events