When I edit manually original estimate field it doesn't edit the Time remaining field

Sofia Grunspan December 12, 2022

I have some issues that has an original estimate and sometimes when the time is not enough, after the issue had been worked with logged hours, some hours or time is added in the Original estimate field, manually.  The problem here is that the Time remaining fields doesn't adjust to the new Original estimate. Only in issues with previous logged hours, can you explain why this is happening? Does this action, edit manually the original estimate affects the reports? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nicholas Ellis _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Sofia Grunspan,

The expectation is that when you set the original estimate it sets the remaining estimate.  However this only happens the first time, it seems in this situation you would only want to edit the remaining estimate.  This is useful for determining accuracy of how close original estimates are to actual logged time (See time reporting here).  Changing the original estimate after the fact would introduce bias in the data set.

I would just change remaining estimate, no need to update the original estimate.

Cheers,
Nick [Tempo/ALM Works]

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events