What is the limit for sending emails through automation for Jira Cloud enterprise plan

Vishnu Vardhan Chenna March 28, 2024

Hi Community,

as we are using Jira cloud enterprise plan is there any limit for sending emails through automation rule.

3 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Hi @Vishnu Vardhan Chenna 

As far as I know, there are no limits to this in the Enterprise Plan, as you have unlimited executions. This is confirmed on this page: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/how-is-my-usage-calculated/

There should also not be a limit per day either - the limits mentioned on this page only relate to Free or trial versions. 

Are you seeing a warning for this? Or an audit log error?

Ste

Vishnu Vardhan Chenna March 29, 2024

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Please check the automation warning.

Regards,

Vishnu Vardhaimage (5).png

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2024

Is this a new instance? Or a trial instance of Enterprise?

Reading the error, it seems it could be due to an active trial, or that your sending limit is still increasing.

I'd also contact Atlassian Support though and request they lift the limit - they should be able to assist here :)

Ste

Vishnu Vardhan Chenna March 29, 2024

Actually this is Sandbox, I have build the automation rule in the sandbox. is there any automation rule execution limit for sending emails?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2024

Not that I know of, but this could be classed as a "new instance" if you created the sandbox recently?

Ste

Vishnu Vardhan Chenna March 30, 2024

Our sandbox was created in last year April.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2024

Only other thing I can think of is that sandboxes could have lower limits as they're non-prod environments.

But I'd contact support, and see what they say :) - https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Ste

Like Vishnu Vardhan Chenna likes this
0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2024

The Enterprise plan allows unlimited rule runs on Jira and you can send unlimited email notifications. Refer - Compare plans and pricing 

0 votes
Emily _ DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 28, 2024

As far as I understand, there isn't any documented limit specifically for email notifications on Jira Cloud Enterprise plans.

The limitation of 100 emails per day applies only to the Free plan. However, I strongly believe that we should consider the importance of abuse prevention, which may cause some unspecified limitations.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events