What is the default time frame for the dashboard Activity Stream widget?

Katy Peterson August 22, 2022

Hi - 

I'm putting together some dashboards and I can't figure out the time frame the widget 'Activity Stream' pulls from. It says it pulls 'recent' activity, but how far back does that go? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

Hello @Katy Peterson 

I have not yet been able to find any documentation on this. In the configuration for the gadget you can specify how many entries to show. In my own Free instance that I set up at the beginning of August, I added this gadget with the number of entries to display set to 10. The gadget showed the last 10 activities that had occurred and a "Show More" button at the bottom. I clicked the "Show More" button over and over, and eventually the whole list of activities back to the day I created the instance was displayed. There may be some time period limit on the list, but it is at least more than 22 days.

Ok thank you @Trudy Claspill It seems like the one I used only shows 1-2 entries even when a saved filter configured to the same settings returns far more in the past week. I was just curious if anyone knew the answer, but instead of going too far down this rabbit hole, I'll just create a filtered list that will format a little differently than the Activity Stream. Thank you!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2022

In my experiment I did not have my Activity Stream gadget set to use a filter. i have seen that there are issues in Atlassian's backlog concerning the Activity Stream when it is based on a filter. Here's a filter of issues in their backlog related to Activity Stream

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-28080?jql=project%20in%20(%22Jira%20Cloud%22%2C%22Jira%20Software%20Cloud%22)%20and%20summary~%22activity%20stream%22%20and%20statuscategory%20!%3D%20Done

Oh thank you for that. Looks like the issue I'm seeing is indeed a bug. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events