Using GANTTs with Jira

GUS MARQUEZ June 22, 2021

Where coud I sign up to some online training (or even assisted training sessions) for the use of GANTT functionality and Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

Hi, @GUS MARQUEZ.  Welcome to the community.

Jira does not come with Gantt built in (unless you are using the Premium edition of Jira Software Cloud which has a "Gantt-like" component).

If you chose a Gantt solution from the Atlassian Marketplace you'd have to tell us which one in order to advise you properly. :)

-dave   

GUS MARQUEZ June 24, 2021

Dave, I want to have some basic project management functionality and with something that best adapts to Jira tickets. I have reached out to you because I need your opinion on which may work best. Three options but not sure which one best integrates with Jira. Please advise.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Ahhh... I see. 

Well, any of the Gantt apps that come up in the search above are built specifically for Jira.

I'd look for the number of installs (how widespread is the app's acceptance) and the rating (# of stars).  

After that, it's really just a matter of personal preference. If I were you, I'd take a closer look at 2 or 3 of them -- including the documentation and learning resources.

Then, I'd give one or two a try (i.e., obtain a free 30-day trial license).

Hope this helps, 

-dave

GUS MARQUEZ June 24, 2021

If my compnay is using Jira, can I have the GANTT fuinction alone or does everybdy involved in the project need to have it as well? Also, can this plug in be solely for my account or be used locally in my computer?

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

Well, every app on the Atlassian Marketplace must sell a license that matches the number of Jira (or Confluence users if it's a Confluence app.) in the underlying platform. 

If you have a 10-user subscription for Jira Cloud you'd need to purchase a 10-user license for one of the Gantt products.

Speaking for ALM Works and our products — Structure + Structure.Gantt — we take this into consideration when pricing our products.  I.e., we know not every Jira user will use Structure and/or Structure.Gantt and we factor that into our pricing model.

We also make it possible for the Jira admin. to restrict access to certain users or user groups.

I can't speak for the other vendors on the other end of that marketplace link, but I imagine they do similar things.  :) 

-dave 

Suggest an answer