Using Automation to Link issues in a workflow with Smart Values or Issue ID

FR Jira Dev August 5, 2021

I currently have an Automation workflow that creates multiple tasks and subtasks.  The option to created linked issues(and then pick the blocked option) exists, but only to pick the issue from the trigger value or the most recently created issue to create a link. 

Is there a way to use a smart-value or simply an issue key which is in the text below the Issue field to link to an issue that is in the flow but is neither the trigger or previously created issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

@FR Jira Dev

You can use Smart Values in the link issues action. Please see the example below: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 11.25.35 AM.png

Just type the smart value into the box and then click on the pop up that shows.

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems  this is great, is there a way to do this with is blocked by though?

What I am doing within a subtask I create, I want to choose a field to set, linked Issue, and I am not given the "is allocated" or the issue key ordownload (1).jpg smart value options. 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

Try using the "Create issue" action.

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 3.03.59 PM.png

@Kian Stack Mumo Systemsthat is my exact set up, but I do not have that option for some reason in the dropdown any ideas?download (3).jpg

FR Jira Dev August 12, 2021

@Kian Stack Mumo Systemswondering if you were able to help with why these options do not exist on my instance?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2021

@FR Jira Dev

It's not a drop down item - you need to manually type it into the box.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events