Using 1 form to create 1 out of 2 different issue types.

Jordyn K_ Lee June 13, 2022

I use Jira cloud. I'm working with Forms (previously ProForma). I am trying to figure out how I can use this one form to generate different issue types.

The thought is that if they select an option (via radial or drop down field) saying this is Request Type A, upon hitting "create" it would generate Issue Type A. 

Select Request Type B and it creates Issue Type B. 

I have up to this point been able to link fields within the form itself directly to Jira fields. Can this be done similarly from one main form? 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Hey Jordyn,

What I have done in the past is that it would create an issue for a particular issue type every time. Then create an Automation Rule based on issue created. Add a condition for the other issue type based on the value of the field on the form. 

If it has that value, then clone the issue into the other Issue type. And auto close the trigger issue. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

Hi @Jordyn K_ Lee , to the best of my limited Forms experience I would say no. Hey form is associated with a specific request type. The way I would approach this with simply copy the form for both request types and rely on the customer to choose the correct RT.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events