Usernames

Krzysztof Matlak April 27, 2023

Hey,

One thing is bothering me.
Sometimes the username shows up as name.lastname, but sometimes it's name lastname.
So the difference is between name and lastname, where sometimes there is a dot between them.

Can any of you know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance ;)

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

When i add user as a normal by mail address. 
It shows up in usermanagement and also in whole jira. 

For example if i want to add someone to project i need to write name and lastname with dot betwen them.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

Hi @Krzysztof Matlak 

Most likely the users in question haven't change their full name and left it as name.lastname, or lastname.name etc. But can you please state where exactly you find this difference?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

When i add user as a normal by mail address. 
It shows up in usermanagement and also in whole jira. 

For example if i want to add someone to project i need to write name and lastname with dot betwen them.

Then they have to change their full name in order to appear with separate last and first name.

Thank you very much! ;) 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2023

Did that solved your problem? If yes, kindly mark my answer as accepted in order to help others in the community with the same questions. Much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events