User does not show in Assignee list for task

David Boutin December 6, 2019

Hi there,

We're trying to assign a task to a user and they do not show up in the Assignee list. 

I ran the Permission helper for the user and checking for "Assignable User" permission.  All looks fine, except in the failed conditions list under "Project Role" it shows: "is not a member of the atlassian-addons-project-access project role"

permissions.PNG

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the user to show up in the list?

Thanks!

-Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2019

Hi @David Boutin 

As suggested by the helper tool you can add the user to the role mentioned in the screenshot. You can do that by going to the Project Settings of your project.

Ravi

David Boutin December 6, 2019

Hi @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_,

Thank you for your quick response.  When I go to the project roles screen and try to add the role, it does not show up in the list

roles.PNG

I was able to find the role at /secure/project/ViewProjectRoles.jspa but cannot add users to it from there (only see what projects use it):

roles-2.PNG

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Dave

Alex Laycy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2019

Hi @David Boutin ,

Silly question perhaps (always worth checking though) - is Kathy's account active? 

If you don't have the neccessary permissions to check this, an admnistrator with access to the users list should be able to confirm this for you.

Regarding the atlassian-addons-project-access role, do you have details of the permissions scheme in use that you could share?@ ("Banff Centre Permission Scheme")  

Alex

Suggest an answer