User as the 'Assignable User' permission but still cannot assign issues

Christina Ashley November 29, 2021

checked the permission helper, user has the 'assignable user' permission but still cannot add them an issue.  I added him as a project administrator and still nothing.

He can assign tickets to himself. 

From within the Assign To, when I type the first letter of his name - he pops up and then goes away.

Any protips?

Capture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

Hello @Christina Ashley 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? It will say at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left when you are viewing the project.

And is this a Software, Service Management, or Business (Work Management) project? That will show at the top of the navigation pane, below the project name.

If this is a Company Managed project, can you navigate to Project Settings > Permissions and review the User/Groups/Project Roles granted the Assignable Users permissions? Does it list anything there besides the "atlassian-addons-..." role? For example, this is what I have:

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 6.23.59 PM.png

@Trudy Claspill Thanks for the response, I just checked your suggestion and can confirm it looks the same as yours. The following is also true 1. Company managed Project and 2. Software

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

@Christina Ashley 

What happens when you try to assign the user to issues?

Can you assign other users to the same issue?

@Trudy Claspill I can assign all other users in the same permissions to the issues.

When I type the first letter of his name, it comes up and then disappears. 

he can assign himself tickets.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2021

@Christina Ashley 

Can other people assign the user to issues?

If so, perhaps there is an issue with your browser. In that case I would suggest trying another browser to see if it happens there also, or clearing your browser cache.

@Trudy Claspill  No, no one can assign anything to him. 

I'm know... so strange and I've tried so many thing and nothing is working.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2021

Is the user using the "Assign to Me" option, or typing in their own name?

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 7.28.18 PM.png

If they are using "assign to me", what happens if the user types in their own name?

Can you capture and share any screen images or video of what is happening when you type in the user's name?

So far, I'm stumped!

Christina Ashley December 1, 2021

@Trudy Claspill 

I fixed this by adding an admin permission and removing it. Now he can get the issues assigned to him... Thanks for the help!

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer