Use of JQuery and Advanced Search

Jack Lammerts
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2022

Hi,

We are currently planning the migration from Jira Server to Jira Cloud, and as such, are testing the new Cloud version.

One of our users, who is an avid JQuery user, noticed that there seems to be a difference between the JQuery editor in Advanced search in our current version, and the one in the Cloud version.

In our current Server version you can start writing your query, and with the help of auto complete several suggestions are made. When you type in something yourself, or choose one of the suggestions, Jira then automatically adds a space after the last keyword or value.

In the new Cloud version this no longer works. If I type in a query like

project = Test AND ...

I need to provide the spaces between the keywords myself, whereas in our current version Jira would add spaced behind 

project

=

Test

AND

automatically.

Is this something which has changed, and I can turn on again? I've searched both here and Google, but couldn't find any info on it.

Any ideas?

Kind regards, Jack

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

Hi @Jack Lammerts welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can an administrator please check if the JQL Auto-complete option under Administration > System > General configuration is set to ON ?

Jack Lammerts
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

Thanks for the answer. I just checked, and that option is set to ON

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

You are correct, I reproduced it. In Cloud, the space isn't added automatically. In Server, it is.

I propose to submit a suggestion directly with Atlassian Support.

Like Jack Lammerts likes this
Jack Lammerts
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 15, 2022

Hi @Dave Mathijs 

I have just created

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-23732

Thanks for your help, and checking/confirming our issue!

Kind regards, Jack

Office
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 28, 2024

Hi @Dave Mathijs

I'm running into this issue as well. I just watched the issue that was created by Jack and saw it was nog assigned to anyone yet. 
I can't vote or follow this issue. 

Is this something that is still on your radar? It would make using JQL so much easier. Too bad it was not migrated into the cloud variant of Jira in the first place!

Kind regards, Ilona

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events