Unable to take server backup due to time factor

Precious Charles April 18, 2021

I recently took a cloud backup of a jira cloud server, but I am unable to also take a server backup, reasons being that it keeps telling to wait for a specified number of hours before I can take a server backup. Meanwhile I don't have such luxury of time to wait before taking a server backup.

Any idea how I can bypass the time issue?

I would appreciate the help, Thanksimage.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2021

Hi @Precious Charles

in case it is useful I will link the documentation which provides some information on the whole topic - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/export-issues/

The reason seems to be that creating a backup alongside with all attachments is a resource consuming process why there is a time limit.

From your description I am unsure if you aim towards a recurring solution as per "automation of backups". This is currently not provided however there seem to be some workarounds:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automate-backups-for-jira-cloud-779160659.html

Please let us know if the issue was solved by waiting until the 48 hours block was released or if you have further questions.

Regards,
Daniel

Precious Charles April 26, 2021

Hi @Daniel Ebers 

Thank you so much Daniel, I wasn't able to use the documentation but I'm sure going to refer it to someones who just ran into same problem to try it out.

I was able to solve the issue by speaking to the support team but that shouldn't and can't always be the go-to solution. So I am very much willing to try your approach and send a feedback as soon as possible.

Regards,

Precious Charles

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

@Precious CharlesCurrently there is no workaround, you need to wait the prescribed number of hours.

Precious Charles April 19, 2021

Oh, okay. That's quite not good but thanks all the same for the help.

Suggest an answer