Unable to save workflow for a issue type in next-gen project

Alok Kumar March 19, 2021

I am unable to save workflow for an issue type in any next-gen project. While editing any workflow on the sidebar I can see an alert that these edits will be copied to all other issue types unless I rename them. Hence I went ahead and renamed the statuses but even after that if I try to save and exit the editor it gives a notification that I will have to copy these changes to all other issue types. 

I guess this workflow editor for the next-gen projects is not yet completely build properly. Why is then this released by Atlassian and being marketed as customizable workflow editing functionality?

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 5.12.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 5.10.07 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Hi Alok - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am not sure this is the same problem you are having, but I have seen that if you first add a column on your Next-gen board, it will create the status in the workflow and opens up the workflow so you can edit it better. 

Not sure that will work here, but you might give it a try. 

Alok Kumar March 19, 2021

Thanks, John for the response. I tried this but with this again when you go and edit workflow for new status then it saves for all the issue types. 

What I need is a separate workflow for different issue types. 

Another thing that I notice is when you click edit workflow for a particular issue type then after the editor opens you can see that header says workflow for all the issue types defined even though you had chosen to edit for a particular issue type.
Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 5.31.30 PM.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Oh, that is not available yet. You can follow the roadmap for Next-gen here:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen#intheworks

You will see that Workflows per issue type is still in the works. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events