Unable to create issues or update status

Guy.thompson November 23, 2020

I am unable to create new issues or update existing issues.

The create button exists but has no effect when pressed. 

This is the same in both Safari and Chrome

Getting the following errors in Safari developer console.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 ()

[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: Unable to load bridge "quick-edit/init/create-dialogs" (anonymous function) promiseReactionJob

Can anybody provide a pointer / solution please?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

Hi Guy,

welcome to Atlassian Community!

Is this happening lately or a longer existing issue? Are you aware of any changes made to your Jira instance?

Probably it is some kind of temporary issue which is gone after an hour or so.

Can you exclude you installed or updated any App latetly? I would like to exclude the cause is an App.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi Dan, just started as of this morning (Monday), was working OK on Friday.

I've not installed anything in the JIRA instance.

No new apps or updates that I am aware of. 

[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: Unable to load bridge "quick-edit/init/create-dialogs" (anonymous function) promiseReactionJob

[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: Unable to load bridge "quick-edit/init/create-dialogs" (anonymous function) promiseReactionJob[

Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: Unable to load bridge "wrm/require" (anonymous function) (jira-spa.b9a559205bb02f54aa65.8.js:108:1155971) promiseReactionJob

Hi Dan

this has just been happening since this morning (Monday), everything was fine on Friday.

No updates to existing apps or new apps.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

Thanks for clarification. In the case you are sure nobody else made changes I would check if it will be gone in a few hours - if not you could have a closer look to the Apps. At the moment it look somethings needs to contact something "somewhere else on the internet" which is answering with error 403 / 400.

Carolina SILVA November 24, 2020

hello same issue on my instance, seems something is happening since 23NOV20 

Guy.thompson November 24, 2020

Still having an issue this morning, I've tried on Safari and Chrome on Mac and in a Windows 10 vm and on a Win7/Chrome machine on a remote network, so not a local issue.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2020

@Guy.thompsonand @Carolina SILVA 
could you please list here all Apps you have installed?
If there is one that you both mentioned I would check this one first.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/integrate-apps/

Hi Dan, we don't have any apps installed in our instance. It's a really basic, almost vanilla instance with nothing beyond a basic workflow that's been there for over a year.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2020

Thanks for clarification - I was not aware there are no Apps at all.
As this is a Cloud plan and you do not have any possibilities to dig deeper (as of no access to logs) further debug is blocked now but let me see if I can some attention on this case.

I have planning poker / Salesforce/ Jira misc workflow extention 

all are installed for more than 1 year 

not all my users are imapcted, seems local on project (at the moment) and she gets 

'"ncaught (in promise) Unable to load bridge "quick-edit/init/create-dialogs""

Like Spamuel likes this

There seems to be a bug in the homepage view setting.

If I have 'your work' as my homepage I have no create issue functionality.

If I set dashboards as my homepage and then set JIRA View -> See Old View

I then have the functionality of the create button and my update status workflow.

I can turn off New JIRA views in settings -> personal JIRA settings.

Like Carolina SILVA likes this

Thanks @Guy.thompson turning off new view worked :-) 

Suggest an answer