Unable to complete a sprint because of a subtask that doesn't even belong to the sprint

Lin Zhao April 1, 2021

I am not able to complete a sprint in a new-gen project.

All tickets in the sprint are completed. But when I confirm "Complete sprint", an error pops up saying "Something's gone wrong. Sprint cannot be completed as there are incomplete subtasks on following issues: TEL-98".

But TEL-98 doesn't belong to the sprint being completed. There's a subtask in this story that was converted from a task that used to belong to this sprint. Looks like after converting to a subtask, the initial sprint value was persisted and not overridden by the story.

Now I need help complete the sprint..

2 answers

0 votes
Midhun Tej August 2, 2021

I'm facing the same issue

Unfortunately could not find a fix for this yet. This is a BUG! 

Someone from Atlassian team, when will you fix this BUG ?

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

Hi @Lin Zhao ,

First, when you click complete sprint, the system will check whether the Issues and their subtasks included in the sprint have been closed.

For a complete sprint, the premise is that the Story and related subtasks have been completed, otherwise it is only partially completed. These need to be moved to the subsequent sprints to track.

It is recommended that you convert this subtask into a task again, associate it with the Story through the Issue link, and remove the Task from the sprint before completing the sprint so that you can complete the sprint normally.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/complete-a-sprint/

For sprints that have parent issues and sub-tasks:

If you have parent issues that are 'Done' but sub-tasks that are not 'Done', you won't be able to end the sprint. You must complete the sub-tasks first.

If you have parent issues that are not 'Done' but have sub-tasks that are all 'Done', the parent issues will still be moved to the selected future sprint or to the Backlog. If these parent issues are part of another active sprint, the previously completed sub-tasks are still 'Done'.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events