Transition a Status based on custom field value

Kirk Douglas September 28, 2021

I want to use Scriptrunner to Fast Track transition issue based on a custom field value. If the custom field 'Validation' value is = 'Yes - I verify the change has been validated in a Production environment' then I want to transition to issue from Validation status to Done status.  I am trying to do this as a Trigger on the workflow Transition and I am having no luck.  I am pretty new to Jira and Scriptrunner so any help would be great.  This is what I wrote so far.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 161647.png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2021

What type of field is Validation?

What additional information do you get when you hover or click on the triangle with the ! to the left of the code?

When I opened your post I found several posts listed under Related Community Content. 

This one specifically talks about Scriptrunner and Fast-Track transition based on a custom field. Have you reviewed it? It is older and might be outdated. I don't have Scriptrunner so I can't validate the suggestion from the post.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/Script-runner-Fast-track-transition-based-on-custom-field-value/qaq-p/345061

Kirk Douglas September 30, 2021

Thanks for the answer.  I ended up figuring this out using the Jira automation feature. 

Kirk

Mary Mark October 18, 2023

Hi @Kirk Douglas 

I am curious about the automation. Would you be able to share?

As well, I'm wondering if the value you have set is on the ticket issue screen or in a workflow transition screen?

Thanks,

Mary

Suggest an answer