Transform a project from classic software project to next gen project

selicko January 18, 2021

I would like to convert a classic software project into a next-gen project in order to use the roadmap feature. Is there anything I need to consider when transforming the project?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

Hi @selicko  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Here is the guidance for migrations between Class Software and Next-gen projects:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Migrating-from-Classic-to-Next-gen-Software-Projects/qaq-p/918856

However, it should be noted that Roadmaps are available for Classic Software projects now. Just go to Board Settings and then select Roadmaps from the options on the left-hand side. 

selicko January 18, 2021

Thank you! I´ll try it!

Like John Funk likes this
selicko January 18, 2021

We have created a separate project for each customer. Is there a possibility to create a cross-project roadmap?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

You can - it is called Advanced Roadmaps, but it is only available with a Jira Premium subscription. 

selicko January 18, 2021

Yes, I have read about this before. Thanks!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2021

you might review this article. there may be newer articles and i would recommend searching for posts from others that have done this in the Community for any gotchas. I have not done this myself but the one thing I would convey is to plan your "epic" moves carefully as they don't migrate clean. In other words do the following:

1. create new epics in new classic project
  2. move your epic children one epic at a time and then using bulk edit assign the epic link for those issues to the new epic
  3. rinse and repeat until done.
selicko January 18, 2021

Thanks! :-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events