Time log and Remaining sum

Yorann Baron December 1, 2020

Hi,

In our project we use time estimate instead of Story points. Not the best I know.

And there are some issues I don't understand and I can't fix:

- I have a task with 2 sub task with 1d for the first one and 1h for the second.
After wrong time log, eventually I have a remaining of 1d 1h and a remaining sum of 2d 2h. How the remaining sum can be more than the remaining? How can I fix it to have a remaining sum of 1d 1h ?

See Screenshot below

S1.png
- Initially, estimate time was wrong. We've changed it.
In the Active Sprint board, changes have been updated. But in the backlog the estimate has not been updated and is not accurate. see below:
S4.png

=> How can I change the remaining sum to be the same as the remaining and how can I refresh the Backlog estimates?

Many thanks

Yorann

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2020

Hello @Yorann Baron ,

The value for "Remaining" is the "Estimate" value minus time "Logged " just for the parent task alone, where the "Remaining Sum"  is a summation of remaining on the parent + remaining on the Sub-tasks combined.

So looking at the screenshot of the issue the parent has an estimate of 3 days and it looks like time has been logged on the parent to reduce the parent issue to "1d 1h", (if days are set to 8hours that would be 15h of work logged on the parent issue) then the subtasks combined would have no work logged and still contain 1d and 1h respectively on the two subtasks if that was the case.

Can you check the work log of the subtasks compared to the work log of the parent to verify if this is the case?

Regards,
Earl

Yorann Baron February 11, 2021

Thanks Earl,
Sorry I never replied your post. I was on urgent needing and then I prefered to delete and recreate a clean version of the task (bad but efficient). But you answer makes total sens, thank you

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events