There's a specific user group from my project people's list that keeps reappearing?

Marco Marques December 20, 2020

Hi everyone,

There's a specific user group from my project people's list that keeps reappearing even after removing and refreshing the screen.

Steps to reproduce:

• Click on "Remove" at the user/group that you want to remove from "People" in your project;
  • User/group successfully disappears from the list of users;
  • Refresh your browser;
  • User/group that you've just removed - reappears.

We're struggling to understand what we are doing wrong.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marco Marques December 21, 2020

Hi Angélica,

This was the answer received from Bryan Biearhals (Atlassian Support).

Contextualization

The problem is happening because someone has configured that formed group as a default group for the "Designers" project role.

Fixing

Please, access [your-domain]/secure/project/ViewProjectRoles.jspa, mark the box besides the group name, and remove it.

After that, the group "CMO" should not be automatically added to the People section again.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2020

Thank you for sharing the resolution, Marco.

It will definitely help other community members that may face the same issue. 

Hope you have a great day!

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020

Hello Marco,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same issue, but I will try to help you here while they don't answer the ticket. I saw your video on the ticket and I tried to replicate the issue on my test site, I created a group, added it to the project, and then deleted the group. Moments after that, the group disappeared from the project. 

The issue seems to be related to an old bug that was already resolved, but you can try using the workaround to remove the group. 

Go to Cog icon > User management > Groups and create the same group again. Then, remove it from the project and after that, delete the group from user management again. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Marco Marques December 21, 2020

Thank you very much for your kindness in dedicating your time to help me out.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events