Tempo not showing time from a certain user, despite showing it to my colleague.

joao_silva May 5, 2021

I've a team and 6 members, i'm one of the two people who manage the team and needs insight on the time tracking. The problem is, my colleague gets the whole report on time, mine only shows 4 out of the 6 employees time (one of them was showing before but all of the sudden it stopped). 

Any way to fix this? 

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hi @joao_silva 

To view the worklogs of other users in Tempo, you need to have either the "Browse Project" permission for the projects the users are logging work on. Additionally, you need to have either the 

- View all worklogs permission for the projects the other users are logging work on or the 

- View worklogs permission for the Team that the users are members of. 

Please take a look at https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/1797652489/Cannot+see+other+users+worklogs for more information.

In case you have these permissions, but can still not view the worklogs of these 2 users, can you please create a ticket in our Tempo Support portal, https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6, so we can better investigate this.

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

@joao_silva 

A couple of things for you to check.  

1. Are you able to see all the same projects as your colleague who is seeing the time? 
  2. Do you have the same permissions on the team as your colleague? Are you set up to browse team, etc.?
joao_silva May 6, 2021

Good morning, and yes, i can see all the same projects and i've the same permissions. I just can't see time for 2 users.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

@joao_silva I would suggest checking the permissions more closely at the project level.  I have seen this before and this is usually where the issue is.  If you are not able to see them it is due to permissions not being set properly.  

joao_silva May 6, 2021

Alright, thank you for your help and time given! Much appreciated :)

Suggest an answer