Team-Managed project where project admin can create issue type but it can't be used to create issue?

Gail June 13, 2022

I have very minimal experience working with team-managed projects.    I created a new team-managed project from the content management template and made 3 people project admins.  

One of the project admins created a new issue type, but it is showing below the line in the left create issue type pane.   Her issue type cannot be selected when creating a new issue.  I created one just now, and it worked fine.   I am the overall site admin, but in that project I am a project admin just like the 3 people.

This person has regular jira software and Confluence product access.   Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

Hi @Gail

can it be that you are talking about a sub-task issue type? Because they cannot be selected when creating issues and have to be created from a parent issue. And that would explain why it is displayed "below the line" in the configuration.

Best, Max

Gail June 13, 2022

Thanks Max.   I did a little more research, and it was indeed created as a sub-task; however, she created it as "create issue type" - not by selecting sub-task.   There was no prompt asking if you wanted a sub-task type.   Really strange.   

As a work-around I suggested creating new issues as Task or Story then changing icon and name.

Thanks

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

You're welcome! :) I'm happy that my gut feeling was right. ;) It can happen easily if all "standard" issue types have been created in the team-managed project as they will be presented as you can see on the screenshot. You then have to select "Create issue type".

ng-project-subtask.png

Best, Max

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2022

Can you provide an image of what you see when you say the issue type is "below the line", and what happens when you go to create an issue but can't create one of that type?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events