System Settings

l_thomas July 31, 2020

I added my name where it stated not realising that it would change for everybody in the tool

How do i change it back to what it should be ?as I did not take a note of what it was as standard.

EMAIL FROM :        ${fullname} (Jira)

I've taken my name out but i'm not clear what exactly should go back in its place so that when people get an email it shows who its from 

I would appreciate your timely response.

Many thanks in advance of your support

Kind Regards

Louvanne

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

You just need to change your name in your profile.

l_thomas July 31, 2020

Thanks but its not that  - i placed full name there because i dont know what  the expression should state in order to pick up peoples name as the mistake i made now affects the global jira and not just my profile

for example - people received emails stating who made the changes  and now they would either come from me if i put my name  there or they would say full name instead of the persons

eg: ${{full_name} (Jira) <jira@ubidder.atlassian.net>

used to look something like this

n.pearse (Jira) <jira@ubidder.atlassian.net>

So it was basically picking up the first part of the persons email address -

ie. initial .surname  so how do i express this in Jira in that email  from section,  to ensure  it is displayed  when messages arrive in their inbox please?

Many thanks

Louvanne

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events