Support to filter by epic_link in dashboard?

Greg Horton March 16, 2021

Hi,

At my old job we used Jira Server, and I created great dashboard graphs that included a pie chart of epic links.  This is not working in Jira Cloud at my new job.  The pie chart just shows 100% "irrelevant".  I have read that epic links ar enot supported for this, but there were open tickets that were closed at some point.  Will this be supported?  This was very useful for PMs of my projects as we could discuss which epics required the most attention, extra resources, etc.

Alternatively, we could use "parent id" if that could be added as an item to use in dashboard widgets.

Are there any plans for either of these two options?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2021

Hello @Greg Horton,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The “Irrelevant” shows when there is an issue type in the filter that doesn’t have the field you are grouping by.

Testing on my local site filtering by All issues shows the “Irrelevant” but also the number of tickets in each Epic.

Are all of your projects of the type Next-gen or Classic?

I saw a difference testing here, when deleting issue types of next-gen projects, the number of irrelevant was reduced. 

Once I created a filter with only Classic projects, no Irrelevant issues appeared. 

Please, let us know more details about the project type you are using and confirm if the Epic Link field is present on the screens in case you are using Classic projects.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Pedro HS Cunha May 27, 2022

Hello,

I'm using Classic proojects and being seeing this Irrevelant category shoing in gadgets.

By clicking in the number of Irrelevant issues Jira sends me to View Projects screens instead of showing the issues, it also brings me to a wrong Total number

Irrelevant showing in Jira.jpg

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2022

Hi @Pedro HS Cunha 

The built-in gadgets have apparently not been improved/updated in more than a decade, so I suspect this is not a recent issue.

More likely there is some ambiguity with your filter whereby the "Epic Link" field is not present for those issues.  Would you please post your filter for some context?  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events