Sub tasks visible on backlog but not in Kanban board for a specific user

Meital Adir May 23, 2021

For a specific user, sub tasks appear on the backlog view, in the "to do" section, but when I switch to Kanban board the user don't see these sub tasks only stories. 

As admin I can see these sub tasks on the board and in the backlog so it is not a filter issue, also not permission issue since the user see these sub-tasks on the backlog view. 

columns are mapped for this status.

What could be the problem?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2021

Hi @Meital Adir 

Are you 100% sure that you and this specific user is viewing the same board? Does this user see (can access) the sub-tasks (not on a board but simply by going to the ticket)? Isn't there any quick filter (or swimlane) enabled that add additional filtering?

Badola_ Aprajita May 24, 2021

Hi @Mirek 

I am also facing similar problem.

If I view scrum board then subtasks are also coming in Active Sprints section , but if I open kanban board, then only issues are visible (not subtask).

My actual requirement is to make display of scrum board same as Kanban board

Meital Adir May 24, 2021

I had a story swimlane, when I removed it the sub tasks appeared. thanks

Like # people like this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

Yes, just as I expected :) .. Glad that it is resolved for you.

Like Badola_ Aprajita likes this
0 votes

I updated the configurations of swimlanes and issue got resolved..

0 votes

I am also facing same issue.

Did you got the solution to this??

Meital Adir May 24, 2021

This user didn't have permission to view the story, only its sub tasks, so when I set the swimlane to "None" (instead of story) that solved the issue. 

Like Badola_ Aprajita likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2021

Er, you can't do that in Jira - you can either see a story and all its subtasks, or you can see none of them.

I think what you mean is that the swimlane setting you were using doesn't show sub-tasks.

Meital Adir May 24, 2021

We have issue security level that only the assignee (or admin) can see issues from this project. in that case the story was assigned to someone else, only the sub tasks assigned to him.  

I updated the configurations of swimlanes and issue got resolved..

Thanks @Meital Adir 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events