Sorting from Oldest to newest comments hides newest comments

Gordon March 22, 2021

How do I keep the sort order from oldest to newest but actually show the new comments

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

my instance does not yet allow me to sort so I cannot test this. I suspect that this is simply a matter of the behavior of Jira to hide some comments to conserve space (performance?). While it certainly makes sense when ordering by newest first (hide older), I can see that the vast majority of time the user would want to see the newest always. I further suspect this is not configurable. I suggest providing feedback to Atlassian on this via Feedback link and/or opening a support request with Atlassian Support.

Gordon March 24, 2021

There is a ticket which I will find again that supposedly is meant to fix all these by the end of March. I will await the outcome but it would appear we are being forced into non-natural reading approaches. I dislike intensely having to read from the bottom up and I know of know language where this is the default way of processing information that has a sequence. Unless I visit a ticket constantly I have to navigate in reverse order to find where I was last up to. I have more things to worry about than retraining my usage of a tool. Happy if new kids want to view things in Social Media ordering but I am not one of them. The way it used to work is pretty good for me as it does exactly what I want. Show me new comments but show in order that my brain expects. Thanks for your response though.

Found the ticket JRACLOUD-73076

Here's hoping it makes the world a better place.

Deleted user April 1, 2021

Last week we had the newest on top again, yay!, but now it's the oldest again :-(

One of you know if there's anything we can do ourselves?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events