Sorting Custom Value 'Priority Score' not working

Theresa Höck March 31, 2023

Hello, 

I've created the custom numeric field 'Priority Score' for Storys and Tasks separately in Jira under "Configure Board > Issue Types > Create a Field"

Via the advanced filter I added the field to my filter and added it as a column to my results. Now if I want to sort by 'Priority Score' DESC it does not sort the column how I expect them to be. (Screenshot1)

I have the feeling that I maybe needed to create the field(s) differently, because the system suggests two fields "Priority Score". But when adding the field as a column it takes both of them and it gets it that I meant to have it as one field. (Screenshot2)

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 10.30.28.pngScreenshot 2023-03-31 at 10.34.01.png

Do you have recommendation how to get it sorted within the filter? Thanks for your help in advance. 
Cheers, Theresa

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

Hi @Theresa Höck ,

with two fields with the same name and the same field type, Jira does indeed show/combines them in 1 column.
The sorting is based on 1 field.
Why are there two fields with the same name and same field type?
My advice would be to remove 1 field.

regards, Marco

Theresa Höck March 31, 2023

Hi @Marco Brundel ,
thanks for your answer. In deed I had to create the field as a custom field in the global settings. It is working now!

Cheers Theresa

Like Marco Brundel likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events