Smart Checklist stopped working

Jason Melquist January 7, 2021

Our cloud instance of Jira has had Smart Checklists working for years, and I noticed about a week ago the functionality is broken.  The button at the top of the Issue to create a Smart Checklist is there, but when I click it, a blank space opens where it should populate the controls to view/add/change/delete checklist items... but it's just blank.  upon doing an inspection of the blank space, there is no HTML w/in the <div> tag.

Anyone else experiencing this?

3 answers

1 vote
Taylor Starling July 11, 2022

What was the workaround for this?

Julia Romanenkova_Railsware_ July 12, 2022

Hey @Taylor Starling !

Do you see the same error or something does not work as expected? A screenshot would be much appreciated. Also, what’s the current version of your Smart Checklist and of your Jira instance?
You can send the logs to smartchecklist@railsware.com and our support team will investigate your case directly.
Best,

Julia

1 vote
Alina Kachan_Railsware_ January 7, 2021

Hi there! 

I'm Alina, a Customer Success Manager at the Smart Checklist team.

First of all, thank you for reporting!  To be honest - such behavior of the add-on sounds new to us. May I ask that you reach us at smartchecklist@railsware.com so we could dig into this one together? Once you do so,

@Jason Melquist any supportive screenshots/ a screen recording of what it looks like for you would be greatly appreciated.

@Chris Buzon may I ask to add more details per "it was definitely broken"? How did it look? What specifically wasn't working out? Re "I managed to get it to expand correctly", please let us know if there was anything specific that you did that made it work. 

Thank you in advance! We'll look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Alina

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

@Alina Kachan_Railsware_ I could only see a small bit of the field itself, it appeared just under the "Smart Checklist" section as a grey bar, like 97% of the UI hadn't rendered.  When I clicked it a bunch of times it re-sized itself and seems to have started working from then on.

I wish I had grabbed a screenshot - if it re-breaks I will do that

Jason Melquist January 11, 2021

Initially (when I created this thread) the area under the "Smart Checklist" was just blank.  after a couple hours, it started showing the below error.  Now the issue seems resolved.  This plugin works by creating an iframe and loading external content into it, which browsers are leary of from a security point of view.  I'm willing to bet someone (at Jira or Railsware or ???) changed the iframes permissions to allow the Smart Checklist to successfully load.  

2021-01-07_14-24-47.png

Pavel Pavlovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2021

Hi @Jason Melquist 

It's good that you are seeing the addon section.

So can you confirm that you can add new checklist items?

Could you also check if your instance has the latest version of addon installed? If not - upgrade it through the admin console.

Thanks!

Pavel from Railsware

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2021

This took a bit of clicking, when I expand the Smart Checklist widget on a ticket it was definitely broken. I managed to get it to expand correctly, then I could add things as expected.  Now that it was 'fixed', the other issues seem to be fine - but there was definitely something odd happening there...
(I'm also on Cloud)

Zoom_2021-01-07_09-26-58.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events