Share only one board to group

valkyre57 October 25, 2021

hello dears 

I created the board and shared with group, shared the filter too. but no one of this group are not able to open this board. I made the group product accessible .see the screens

aces to product group.jpgfilter.jpgshares.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

Hi @valkyre57  - What message or error do they get? Can they see the filter itself if you send them a link directly to the filter? 

hello

I sent her direct link and error

image (4).png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2021

Ah - you need to make sure the board has a location for it under Board Settings > General

The make sure the group has Browse project permissions for the project in the Location field. 

yes dear board has a location on my project.

when i giving browse permission to this group, member of the groups are able to se all of my boards. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2021

Users in the group have to have Browse Project permissions for the project in the Location field for the board in order for the board to work. That is probably why there is the error. 

valkyre57 October 26, 2021

as i see there is not possible to give users view only one board.  Is it correct?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2021

Access is really give at the Issue level of a project. The board is simply showing issues based on the board's filter - which includes the name of the project or projects as a board can show issues from multiple projects at once. 

So it is possible to share a board and the user can see the board but not any of the issues on the board. But to see the board, the board must be shared with the user as well as the Location project attached to the board. 

So if you don't want users to see a project, don't use that project in the Location on the board. 

I am trying to share only one board but when group added to browse project the members can see other boards too 

Screenshot_1.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2021

Yes, that will happen if all of the boards use the same project for the Location field. 

Are those boards themselves shared with those users? In other words, if they click on the board do they see issues? Or do they get an error? 

no any error group members was able to see al of the issues

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2021

You probably need to implement Issue level security if you want only certain users to access issues on a project. 

You can learn more about that here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2022

Hi @valkyre57  - Any update here? 

Mauricio Heberle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events