Scriptunner filter sync not working

Sohnia Mutter September 28, 2020

Hi - I rely on Scriptrunner advanced filters for certain dashboards and Jira boards. However it appears the sync has stopped working, and I now need to manually sync the filter in order to see any results on my jira dashboard. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2020

Hi Sonhia,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that filters are automatically synchronized every x minutes depending on the value that is configured in the Filter Sync Interval period option on the ScriptRunner Settings page located at the URL of <JiraBaseURL>/plugins/servlet/ac/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/settings?s=com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner__settings

I would advise checking this setting as if an administrator for your instance has increased this value then this will be why your filters are not synchronizing until this number of minutes has passed. 

Also, I can confirm that it is possible to disable an individual filter from being synchronized and I would ask you to view the filter that is not synchronizing on the enhanced search page and to click on the Edit Filter button and in the dialog that is displayed to ensure that the Sync Filter toggle option is toggled to on as if this has been toggled to off then the filter will not automatically be synchronized.

Finally, we can confirm we had a few issues yesterday which may of caused these issues and these should now be resolved and mean your filters will synchronise as expected if both settings mentioned above are configured.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Kristian

Sohnia Mutter September 29, 2020

Thanks Kristian! Appreciate the info. 

Ying Li July 20, 2021

@Sohnia Mutter is your issue resolved? I met the same issue recently. 

Sohnia Mutter July 20, 2021

Yeah mine resolved! I checked all the settings as well as ensured sync was enabled on each filter. Haven't had a problem since, or at least any that i've noticed. 

Ying Li July 20, 2021

@Sohnia Mutter all my filters are sync enabled. Which setting are you checking? the Filter Sync Interval at <JiraBaseURL>/plugins/servlet/ac/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/settings?s=com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner__settings

Thanks

Ying Li July 21, 2021

@Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_  as I mentioned above we have the same issue. the filter sync interval is set to 5 min by default and all filters are enable the auto-sync toggle. Is there any limitation on the number of auto sync filters? Should we give a longer interval? 

Thanks

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Hi Ying,

If you are encountering issues I would advise increasing the timeout limit to a higher value to see if this resolves the issue and if the issue is caused by to many filters being synchronised inside of your instance?

Otherwise, if this does not resolve the issue, can you please raise a support request in our support portal located here so that we can diagnose what is causing this issue you are seeing further.

Regards,

Kristian

0 votes
Erdir Ungan March 21, 2023

Hi, I am having a similar problem. I see all other filters sync every 5 minutes but my filters don't. I have enabled auto syncing from "edit filter" menu. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events