Request Types

Jairo Granado December 6, 2021

Hello Atlassian Community! 

I'm new here and I'm hoping someone could give me some guidance in regards to Request Types in the Project Settings. I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to configure the REQUEST TYPES.
Untitled.jpg

I want to be able to delete Incidents, Problems and Changes and create my own request types. Is that possible?

Regards,

Lost lamb wanting to learn.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen December 6, 2021

Hello @Jairo Granado !  Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What you're looking to replace are the categories that are displayed by default on a JSM project that uses the ITSM template.  I'm not sure if you can substitute that with different request types.

Hello Robert!

I appreciate the response as well! Say it ain't so! </3. I was afraid it something like that. I appreciate you and @John Funk 's response. Thank you for both of your time and have a great rest of your week.

Regards,

Sad lamb

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hi Jairo - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Yes, you should be able to add new Request Types and delete the ones you don't want. 

Just click on the Request Types heading to see the list. 

Hello John!

I greatly appreciate the quick response. I believe I may have not posted the question properly. Let me give you an example to how I want my end result to look like (if possible)

Current:

Project Settings -> Request Type:

Untitled.jpg

Desired end result:

Project Settings -> Request Type:

Untitled-2.jpg

I hope this clears up my inquiry. I do apologize for the inability to properly post the question.

Regards,

Lost lamb trying to learn.

Jehan Gonsalkorale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2021

Hi Jairo! How are you? 

You can't create your own work categories (that's what these are called) but you can remove those that you don't need, so long you don't need the request types in those groups nor any of the specific functionality available in those work categories ("Incidents" offers integrations with Opsgenie, "Changes" offers the change calendar etc.)

The first step is to go to "Project settings" > "Request types" and click on the categories you don't need and delete those request types. 

Then, click on "Project settings" > "Features" to disable those that you don't need. 

That said, you won't be able to create custom work categories, so you will only have service requests. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope this at least helped. 

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Jehan Gonsalkorale

Product manager, Jira Service Management

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS