Recurring tasks should appear in Active sprints only, not in backlog

Raj Reddy July 6, 2021

Hello,

I have setup a Recurring task (via plug-in:

Recurring Tasks for Jira Cloud) and want it to appear in Active sprints only, not in backlog (which it is currently happening).

In the field "Sprint state" I have set it up as "Active Sprint". Even with this in place, the task appears in both Active Sprint and Backlog. My goal is not to have in Backlog and only in Active Sprint. Do you know how to do this? 

Thanks,

Raj 

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

Are you creating the task in a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

Can you show us a screen image where such a task is both in an Active Sprint and appearing in the Backlog?

Raj Reddy July 9, 2021

Thank you very much Trudy for replying immediately. 

On detailed investigation I found out that we created two recurring "AV/ND Titles Daily" tasks - one from "Backlog" and one from "Recurring Tasks". That is the reason why we were seeing two different times for creation of this task. Having said that, I have completely deleted the one from "Backlog" and left alone the one from "Recurring Tasks". This solution worked - No more Backlog task. This test was completed this morning. We are good now. This request is closed. Happy Friday :) 

Raj Reddy

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2021
Raj Reddy July 9, 2021

Thank you very much Niranjan for replying immediately. 

On detailed investigation I found out that we created two recurring "AV/ND Titles Daily" tasks - one from "Backlog" and one from "Recurring Tasks". That is the reason why we were seeing two different times for creation of this task. Having said that, I have completely deleted the one from "Backlog" and left alone the one from "Recurring Tasks". This solution worked - No more Backlog task. This test was completed this morning. We are good now. This request is closed. Happy Friday :) 

Raj Reddy

Suggest an answer