Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Recurring tasks should appear in Active sprints only, not in backlog

Hello,

I have setup a Recurring task (via plug-in:

Recurring Tasks for Jira Cloud) and want it to appear in Active sprints only, not in backlog (which it is currently happening).

In the field "Sprint state" I have set it up as "Active Sprint". Even with this in place, the task appears in both Active Sprint and Backlog. My goal is not to have in Backlog and only in Active Sprint. Do you know how to do this? 

Thanks,

Raj 

2 answers

Thank you very much Niranjan for replying immediately. 

On detailed investigation I found out that we created two recurring "AV/ND Titles Daily" tasks - one from "Backlog" and one from "Recurring Tasks". That is the reason why we were seeing two different times for creation of this task. Having said that, I have completely deleted the one from "Backlog" and left alone the one from "Recurring Tasks". This solution worked - No more Backlog task. This test was completed this morning. We are good now. This request is closed. Happy Friday :) 

Raj Reddy

Are you creating the task in a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

Can you show us a screen image where such a task is both in an Active Sprint and appearing in the Backlog?

Thank you very much Trudy for replying immediately. 

On detailed investigation I found out that we created two recurring "AV/ND Titles Daily" tasks - one from "Backlog" and one from "Recurring Tasks". That is the reason why we were seeing two different times for creation of this task. Having said that, I have completely deleted the one from "Backlog" and left alone the one from "Recurring Tasks". This solution worked - No more Backlog task. This test was completed this morning. We are good now. This request is closed. Happy Friday :) 

Raj Reddy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

886 views 2 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you