Re-Order Workflow Dropdown

Blake Falanga June 26, 2020

Is it possible to change the order of the workflow buttons in the dropdown menu in Jira Cloud? 

2 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2020

Hi Blake,

You need to edit the property of each Transition and give it an opsbar-sequence number. 

To change the order of transition buttons:

To change the order of transition buttons, including additional transitions in the Workflow menu, add the property key opsbar-sequence to each workflow transition that you wish to reorder. Each opsbar-sequence property key requires a property value that defines the order of the transition action on issue views.

Go to the transition's properties, as described in Transition properties above.

Type opsbar-sequence into the Property Key field, under 'Add New Property'.

Type a value In the Property Value field, The value must be a positive integer (starting at '0'); it defines the order of the transition buttons on issue views.

Consider using a sequence of opsbar-sequence property values like 10, 20, 30... to allow new transitions to be easily added later.

Click Add.

Adding the opsbar-sequence property to a workflow transition does not change the order of these transitions in the workflow in Text edit mode. The addition of this property only affects the order of transitions on the View issue page.

Thank you, John! 

Like christian.held likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2020

Glad I could help.  :-)

Matthew Canham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020

Hi @Blake Falanga,

I wanted to chime in here and let you know that the opsbar-sequence property is now honored in the new issue view. Previously it was only available in the old issue view. You can find more information on the public ticket.

Kind regards,

Matt

A_ Ethan Vaughan August 26, 2021

The new issue view sucks and it's terrible how it was forced onto us.

Like Nicolas Degardin likes this
Haley Harelson April 6, 2022

Does this work on Jira mobile?

Like MrUpsidown likes this
MrUpsidown August 24, 2022

No. It does NOT work on Jira mobile app. Once again. Simple functionality, badly implemented. Bravo Atlassian.

Alexey Nikolaev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 31, 2024

Yes, we also observed that it doesn't affect mobile app order, submitted ticket to support, to see if it could be addressed somehow.  

Like John Funk likes this
Alexey Nikolaev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 1, 2024

There was a bug caused this, which was solved with 

v105 of the Android app and v166 of the iOS app

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-79702

However we see the issue actual again , so we're in conversation with support.

0 votes
S Fong June 26, 2020

Goto Jira settings -> Issues -> Workflows and use the order to re-arrange

Where do you change the order of items in the dropdown workflow list? 

Alex Fox August 26, 2021

Ignore, sorry!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events